Advancing diversity within the technology industry by enhancing the opportunities for women to enter the field through education, personal and professional growth, and the development of mentoring relationships within the technology community.
The Advancing Women in Technology (AWT) Charitable Foundation awards annual scholarships to help women dedicated to furthering their education in the technology field. Our scholarship awards are made possible through the generous support of our sponsors, members, community and industry friends.
The scholarship program is open to female candidates only. Applicants must meet the following criteria
- Female, US citizen
- California resident
- Must be an undergraduate attending a California university or college (proof of enrollment or college acceptance letter required from finalists)
- Community college does not qualify, only 4-year, non-community college or university qualifies
- High school or college GPA of 3.0 or greater (transcript required from finalists)
- First year college student applicants must provide a high school transcript
- B.A or B.S qualifies
- Major must be in an area of STEM
- Applicants will be asked to demonstrate how their area of study aligns to a career in technology
- There are no age requirements for scholarship applicants
- Prior recipients are not eligible to re-apply
Previous Scholarships Awarded
AWT Charitable Foundation Scholarships Paid (Cumulative)
Timeline for applications
TBD Applications due*
TBD Scholarship winners will be notified
TBD College transcript or college acceptance letter (if graduating high school) due to AWT
TBD Headshot and bio due to AWT
TBD Winners receive their checks at AWT’s Annual Wine Tasting and Fundraiser Event.
Winners are encouraged to attend this meaningful event with their families and to share their own stories at the awards ceremony.
For those who cannot attend in person, their check will be mailed to them.