The Advancing Women in Technology (AWT) Charitable Foundation awards annual scholarships to help women dedicated to furthering their education in the technology field. The purpose of the scholarships is to advance diversity within the technology industry by enhancing the opportunities for women to enter the field through education, personal and professional growth, and the development of mentoring relationships within the technology community. Our scholarship awards are made possible through the generous support of our sponsors, members, community and industry friends.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Female, US citizen
- California resident
- Must be an undergraduate attending a California university or college (proof of enrollment or college acceptance letter required from finalists)
- Community college qualifies, certification or trade schools do not
- High school or college GPA of 3.0 or greater (transcript required from finalists)
- First year college student applicants must provide a high school transcript
- B.A or B.S qualifies
- Major must be in an area of study in the technology field (the “T” in STEM) (see below)
- There are no age requirements for scholarship applicants
- Prior winners are not eligible to re-apply
- It is expected that Scholarship recipients will attend this meaningful event to accept their scholarship check in person
Examples of Technology Majors which are eligible for scholarships:
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Hardware Engineering
- Game Design
- Information/Cyber Security
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Examples of majors which are not applicable for scholarships include finance, mechanical engineering, science and biotech science fields. For additional questions on specific fields of study, please contact email@example.com.
Timeline for 2020:
Accepting Applications May 10, 2020 – October 1, 2020
10/15 Scholarship winners will be notified
10/29 Due to AWT:
- College transcript or college acceptance letter (if graduating high school)
- Headshot and bio
11/14 – Winners receive their checks at AWT’s Annual Tasting and Fundraiser.
If you have any questions, please email Julie Lowery firstname.lastname@example.org.