The Advancing Women in Technology (AWT) Charitable Foundation awards annual scholarships to help women dedicated to furthering their education in the technology field. The purpose of the scholarships is to advance diversity within the technology industry by enhancing the opportunities for women to enter the field through education, personal and professional growth, and the development of mentoring relationships within the technology community. Our scholarship awards are made possible through the generous support of our sponsors, members, community and industry friends.
The scholarship program is open to female candidates only. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Complete the application form online at https://awtca.org/scholarships/
- Be a US Citizen
- Have a high school or college GPA of 3.0 or greater (transcript required)
- Be an undergraduate at a California university or college and provide proof of enrollment (or college acceptance letter if graduating high school)
- Be focusing their education in an area of study in the technology field (the “T” in STEM)
- There are no age requirements for scholarship applicants
Examples of Technology Majors which are eligible for scholarships:
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Hardware Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Examples of majors which are not applicable for scholarships include finance, mechanical engineering, science and biotech science fields. For additional questions on specific fields of study, please contact email@example.com.
Timeline for 2019 applications:
9/15 Applications due*
10/15 Scholarship winners will be notified
10/29 College transcript or college acceptance letter (if graduating high school) due to AWT
10/29 Headshot and bio due to AWT
11/14 Winners receive their checks at AWT’s Annual Wine Tasting and Fundraiser Event.
Winners are encouraged to attend this meaningful event with their families and to share their own stories at the awards ceremony. For those who cannot attend in person, their check will be mailed to them.
If you have any questions, please email Julie Lowery firstname.lastname@example.org.